eDrivingSchool is a high traffic national driving school, managing over 100 driving lesson bookings a day with a strong focus on providing great customer experience for both pupils and driving instructors. Key features of the system included:
- Website linked to back office systems through restful interfaces
- Allocation of bookings to driving instructors based on defined territories.
- Extremely fast geo-fence lookups (1 million lookups a second).
- Heat Maps to monitor work demand in an area.
- VOIP integration to automate calling of pupils by office staff.
- Instructor portal so they can see bookings, maps and confirm lessons.
- Business intelligent reporting so that instructors are recruited in area where work exists
eDrivingSchool processes over 100,000 bookings in the UK and is responsible for 5000 pupils a year passing their driving test. Through the use of IT, it is also one of the only driving schools within the industry that contractually maintains Service Level Agreements guaranteeing work to driving instructors.
Technologies:J2EE, JSP, Servlets, VOIP, Geo fencing, Geo DB.